Pulkit Gaur - TED Fellow - MIT's TR35 Young Innovator 2011
Chief Technical Officer - Gridbots
French and English.
B.E.( Prod. and Ind. Engg.) - 2004(M.B.M. Engg. College - Jodhpur)
· B.E. (PIE) - Highest Aggregate Marks
· 99.08 %’ile. in GATE 2004 ( Information Technology ) ( AIR-89)
· Selected in IIT Bombay fellowship scheme ( CSE Department)
· TOEFL : 270/300 and 6/6 in written.
· First at Montana Amateur “ I Coder “ Contest 2004
· Third in “OPEN HARDWARE “ at Techfest-2004-IIT Bombay.
· First at “ TROIKA – 2003 “ in Software Competition.( DCE – Delhi )
· First in Software Competition of “ Convergence 2004 “ held at Sobhasariya Engineering College.
· First in Hardware Competition of “ Convergence 2004 “ held at Sobhasariya Engineering College.
· First in Hardware competition “ ECSTASY “ held at IET – Alwar Engineering College.
· First in Software competition “ ECSTASY “ held at IET – Alwar Engineering College.
· Second in model making at IIT Bombay - TECHFEST 2002.
· Second in Technical Quiz at IIT Bombay - TECHFEST 2002.
· Represented College at D.C.E. for "TROIKA – 2002 " (Only selected outside entry from all India for Predefined Circuit design Contest) (National Level).
· First in Pre submitted Software ( Encarta 2003)
· First in Pre submitted Electronic Hardware ( Encarta 2003)
· First in Pre Defined electronic Hardware design ( Encarta 2003 )
· First in On the Spot Circuit Design ( Encarta 2003)
· First in Hardware Troubleshooting (Encarta 2003)
· First in IQ Quiz ( Encarta 2003 )
· First in Pre submitted Software ( Panache 2002)
· First in Pre submitted electronic Hardware ( Panache 2002)
· First in Pre Defined electronic Hardware design ( Panache 2002 )
· First in Multimedia Quiz organized by APTECH.
· Second in Hardware Quiz ( Encarta 2003 )
· Second In Group Discussion ( Encarta 2003)
· Second in Pre Defined Software design ( Panache 2002 )
· Second in Pre submitted Software Design. ( Scintilla 2001)
· Third in Pre submitted electronic Hardware design ( Scintilla 2001)
· Third "On the spot electronic hardware design “( Scintilla 2001)
· Third in “ Open House “ project competition on the “Golden Jubilee “ celebration of M.B.M. Engineering College.
· Represented School and won two awards in "Jawahar Lal Nehru Science Exhibition " (State Level)
· Appreciated by President " A.P.J. Abdul Kalam "
· Only participant all over India to be selected for both hardware and software projects simultaneously at IIT – Bombay
“Techfest-2002 “, “Techfest–2003” and “ Techfest–2004 “
Patents and publications
· Patent pending for my “Wireless Virtual PC”.
· Paper Selected in ANNIE-University of MISSOURI-Rolla-U.S.A.-2004 entitled “ Active Machine Vision “
· Paper Published in proceedings of UGC National Seminar on “ Soft
Computing and Artificial Intelligence “ entitled Pseudo Retina.
· Paper Published in proceedings of National Seminar on “ Industrial
Systems “ entitled Design and development of a low cost hybrid
· Paper Selected for UGC National conference on Advances in Industrial
Automation entitled – “ Robotic Vision “
Fields of technical Interest
Machine Vision, Pattern recognition, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence Networks, System programming, Neural Networks ,Genetic Algos.
Developed “Pseudo Retina” for disabled people.
Developed “Aide-de-machinia” for paralytic people.
Developed “Samvad” for deaf and Dumb. Developed “Artificial Vision System “ for blinds.
Developed “Intelligence “ (Kit ) for mentally disabled.
Programming, Electronics and Machine design.
· Owner of “ Machine Intelligence Group – India “
· Has been president of Prod. Industrial Engg. Student Association.
· Started and Chief editor of “Prodigy” –the technical magazine of M.B.M.
· Chief organizer of “ Jodhpur Group freshers – 2002”
" RfiD based Automation Antitheft System “
" Automatic Position Reporting System (GPS Based)
" Simple and Cheap Wireless devices for PC "
Windows (95,98,ME, 2000,NT, CE), UNIX ,LINUX, Sun – IRIX
DOS-32, TACL, MAC – OS X
IBM and Clones, TANDEM and APPLE MAC
Autocad , CAM Pro
MS Access, MySQL
PHP , Perl , HTML ,XML , Remoting
Rich Internet Application ( RIA ) Tools
ActionScript , Flex , Flash MX
1.Developed an autonomous Robot “ALIAS” -Indian Version of NASA’s
Spirit rover for Mars – (Development cost - $ 1500)
2. Designed and developed " Wireless Virtual PC Terminal Network “. 3. Developed "Digital Wireless data acquisition and control system"
4. Designed and developed " Digital Wireless Data Modem ".
5. Developed a Laser & IR - " LAIRS " system for distance measurement.
6. Designed and developed VHF - FM Transceiver (PLL based)
7. Developed " Blind assistance System " with vision capability.
8. Developed “ Pseudo Retina “ for disabled.
9. Digital PC Multi meter and Oscilloscope with real time waveform
display.( Using FFT modules )
10. RTTY – 9600 Baud Radio Modem.( AFSK and OOK )
11. RfiD Based Security System ( Rfid TAG and Reader designing. )
1. Designed and Developed “ A Programmable hybrid Vehicle “
2. Designed “Segment Counting Machine “ for Rajasthan Udyog.
3. 4 axis robotic hand with gripper.
1. Developed Own 32 Bit Operating System from scratch - INTENSE ³² ".
2. Developed own 16 Bit Operating System with file system.
3. Developed Neural Networks based Face Recognition System
(Eigenface,PCA and PCA+LDA)
4. Developed Artificial Intelligent Bot. (Uses semantic networks and has
common sense database of T.T. (M.I.T. - U.S.A.)
5. Developed Radio Link Protocol (To OSI reference model from
6. Developed " Voice Recognition and Control System ".
(Using own Sound Engine)
7. Developed " Computer Vision and Image Processing " pack. (Can
segment image to 16 different objects and identify them from streaming video )
8. Developed a Robot task planning & control Language " ROBOLA ".
9. Developed " Pseudo English to Hindi Converter for blinds "
10.Software based Distance Measurement System.
11.Developed " XANADU “ a multi protocol multi service network package
12.Developed " Remote Virtual PC " System.
(Complete control of Networked Nodes from any other node)
13.Developed a real time motion detection and tracking system.
14.Wrote many games, editors and Utility software (Boot loaders, Disk
Partitioning software disk formatters and emulators etc.)
OR Cad, Circuit CAD , P-Spice , EWB
· “ISRO” ,Regional Remote Sensing Centre , Jodhpur ( 45 Days)
· Pancharia Automation and Infocomm , Ahmedabad ( 75 Days )
Parents Name : Mr. D.K. Gaur
Date of Birth : 04 Mar ‘ 81
Phone : 09426350180
Home Page : http://www.pulkit.gridbots.com/
· ALIAS , An autonomous robot with AI and vision.
· Biologically Inspired Active vision System ( Automatic Object and face detection )
OS ( Server ) : Logic P – Server(Multitasking Mode /
Pre- Emptive )
· Vision Based ( Gesture Based )
· IR Pad
· Programmable Hybrid Vehicle
Project Details ( Major Grad project. )
1. SPECIFICATION OF THE DESIGNED HYBRID VEHICLE
OVERALL LENGTH : 1245 mm
OVERALL WIDTH : 851 mm
OVERALL HEIGHT : 1400 mm
WHEELBASE : 1016 mm
GROUND CLEARANCE: 184 mm
SEATING CAPACITY : 1
UNLADEN WEIGHT : 100 Kg.
LADEN WEIGHT : 200 Kg.
TYPE : 2 STROKES, AIR COOLED
NOS. OF CYLINDER : 1
ENGINE CAPACITY : 50 cc
MAXIMUM OUTPUT : 1.75 BHP @ 4500 RPM
MAXIMUM TORQUE : 3 N-m @ 3500 RPM
TYPE : A.C. TYPE
PHASE : 1φ
POWER : 1HP
RPM : 1450 RPM
VOLTAGE : 230 V
ENGINE : CHAIN TRANSMISSION
MOTOR : BELT DRIVEN
REAR : COMPRESSION COIL SPRINGS
FRONT : HYDRAULIC SHOCK ABSORBER
FUEL TANK : 3 LITRES
Complexity of design : Average
Design Cycle : 60 Days
Development Cycle : 60 Days (Interlaced with design)
Design and Development time : 95 days (combined)
Fuel economy of vehicle : 40 Kmpl.
Average run per charge : N/A (50 Km – approximated)
Average time for charge : 6 Hrs (between consecutive runs)
Weight of vehicle : 100 Kg.
Control Type : Fully Automatic/Manual
Body dimensions : 1245 x 851 x 1400 mm
Fuel Type : Gasoline / Electric
Engine Power : 1.75 BHP
Electric Traction Power : 1 H.P.
Seating Capacity : 1 Person (expandable to 2)
Fuel carrying capacity : 3 liters
· 32 Bit OS – Intense
· Design from scratch , nothing inherited from any existing library
· Native 32 Routines for memory handling upto 4 GB
· Native Bootloader.
· Multitasking kernel.
· Nanokernel Architecture – 15 Kb footprint.
· Constantly under development.
· Neural Networks based Face Recognition package
· Eigenface , PCA and LDA algos.
· BPNN – for training set.
· Quick arbitrating.
· Hierarchical classification of database using nearest neighbor.
· Variable dimensionality in training set parameters.
· AI based Image processing and machine vision system
· Virtually all image format support.
· Automatic image segmentation from complex images with backgrounds
Image recognition using neural networks.
· Real time motion capture and tracking from streaming media.
· Image recognition from wireless cameras.( Video and Still )
· Audio feedback.
· Gesture recognition.
· Skin classifier.
·Visual memory database support for human like navigation.
· XANADU – Multi protocol network Management and utility
· TCP/IP, UDP
· FTP / HTTP / SMTP / POP3
· Network management.
· Mail server, chat server, File server, HTTP server.
· Basic bandwidth manager
· Port utilities.