“ ALIAS ” , which is an autonomous robot having following capabilities :
· Biologically Inspired Active vision System ( Automatic Object and face detection )
· Common Sense
· Contains one remote payload for critical applications (Complete onboard control of remote unit)
· Voice Assist and feedback
· GPS based co-ordinate mapper with automatic navigation.
· Laser based movement Encoding system.
· Efficient robot task planner module.
· Direction , Illumination , Temperature, obstacle .Fire and smoke, and other various sensors.
· Real-time Ultrasonic range mapper.
· Innovative LADAR system ( Laser and Infrared based range mapping )
· Shortest path and critical path navigation
· Automatic ,Gesture ,Voice, Wireless , Wired (Ethernet) , Programmed mode of control.
· Electronic, Electrical and Mechanical design optimized for efficiency and resource saving.
· On-Board processor : PIII 800 Mhz ( Intel / MMX / SSE )
· Data storage : 20 GB
· Operating System : Win98 SE
· Robot OS : Logic-P ( Multitasking mode / Pre -emptive )
· Power Consumption : 150 W ( Working ) - 100 W ( Stand By)
· Onboard Power : Backup 30 minutes.
· Vision Sensor : CCD ( Logitech )
· Range Sensor : Ultrasonic / LADAR System
· Movement Encoder : Laser Based / Light based
· Co-ordinate / Position Sensor : Onboard GPS / IR Tracker
· Obstacle sensors : IR
· Temperature Sensor : Integrated Circuit
· Illumination Sensor : Integrated Circuit
· Control OS ( Server ) : Logic P – Server ( Multitasking Mode / Pre- Emptive )
· ( Node ) : Logic P – Remote ( Slave Mode )
· Control Type : Autonomous / Semi-Automatic/Manual/Forced
· Control Link Type : Wired ( Control Cable / Ethernet )
· Wireless : ( RF / IR )
· Vision Based :( Gesture Based )
· Control Device : Remote Keyboard ( RF ) and IR Pad also Hand Glove ( Incomplete )
Salient Features of ALIAS
· ALIAS can automatically discriminate between human beings and Non living things.
· If the identified object is a living thing ALIAS tries to recognize the face and the gesture of person.
· If the object is a non living thing ALAIS tries to identify the object and gives its main characteristics.
· ALAIS can be programmed to navigate between two stations automatically using GPS technology.
· It can find the shortest path between two stations automatically and can be used as an AGV.
· ALAIS can find the distance between its target and itself using ultrasonic distance measurement system.
· It uses innovative technology of LADAR to make a 3D distance contour map based on Laser and Infrared.( Still under development )
· ALIAS has temperature measure system with variable coefficient of correction for accurate measurement.
· It has a Direction sensor which can give the accurate orientation of ALIAS w..r.t. Earth’s Magnetic field.
· ALIAS has a small remote operated payload, which it controls by itself for any critical operation.
· ALAIS has common sense databank, which enables it to make some critical decisions.
· ALIAS can be controlled via voice and gives all its feedback via voice and LCD display.
· It has an Illumination sensor for automatic adjustment of various thresholds of software-hardware interface modules.
· Automatic Task planner for most efficient use of movements.
· On board Power supply for 30 minute backup.
· Real-time interface with base station for every small atomic function and updating of status.
· Innovative movement encoding system based on laser.
· It can talk to the user naturally using NLP software subsystem and voice feedback.
· Short-range sensors mounted on wheel forks for obstacle detection.
· Multiplexed sensor input sub-system.
· Wireless camera for transmission of images to remote server unit.
· Unique hand position decoder.
· Detachable Gripper unit for easy loading and unloading of different grippers.